February 29, 2012

Oklahoma Route 66 - Claremore


     This is the famous Will Rodgers Hotel in Claremore, Oklahoma, nowadays an apartment complex for senior citizens. (Any retired 66 roadies in the house?) In the old days, before the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission was established, the hotel offered radium baths to its guests. There is a Will Rogers Museum on Will Rogers Boulevard, this being the old comedians home town, and if you have a hankering to see 20,000 guns, the nearby J.M. Davis Museum can accommodate you. Also find the Belvidere Mansion, the Lynn Riggs Memorial (he was a playwright), and a bunch of local antique shops to round out a pleasant walkabout in Claremore.
     Will Rogers was before my time, of course, but I do know he would have changed his mind had he met any of my old bosses. Log Book: 704 miles motored on old 66.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog right here! Additionally your site lots up
    fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink to your
    host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    Check out my webpage ... acid reflux remedies

    ReplyDelete